A&E is accident and emergency and is open 24 hours a day, all year round, it deals with genuine life-threatening emergencies such as chest pain, stroke, severe bleed etc. It is not an alternative to a GP appointment.
Urgent Care: Fast access to health advice, emergency contraception and minor injuries such as cuts, sprains and small fractures
More information is on the NHS website
Contact your GP when you need medical advice but it is not urgent. You can find and register a GP here.
- 999 - Call to contact emergency services for urgent assistance (e.g. police, ambulance, fire & coast guard etc)
- 55 - Call if it is too dangerous to make a noise, but need urgent assistance.
- 111 - NHS 111 can help if you have an urgent medical problem and you’re not sure what to do. More Info: When to use NHS 111 online or call 111 - NHS (www.nhs.uk)
Help with your mental health
Keeping Well Service for staff
The Keeping Well service is here to provide wellbeing and psychological support to all:
- NHS, health and social care staff who live or work in North West London.
- Volunteers and those providing care to others in the community who live or work in North West London
- All London Ambulance Service staff
- Read more about who the service is for and how to refer to us (we accept self referrals from you)
Help in a mental health emergency
Phone us on 0800 0234 650 if you live in north west London and need help in a mental health crisis, 24/7
Single Point of Access
Our Single Point of Access is a Mental Health Crisis Line which offers emotional support and advice to people who require urgent mental health attention, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. It is open to children and adults of all ages, to people who haven’t previously used mental health services and to carers and family members who might be concerned about someone.
- You can reach us by phoning 0800 0234 650 (Freephone) or emailing email@example.com; we also take calls from 111.
Other support available
If you want to speak to someone who is not a clinician, ask the mental health team looking after you or call our SPA for a referral to The Cove, a local community safe space opening 2-10pm every day, 7 days a week, offering 1:1 appointments in person or virtually.
For more information, visit The Coves web page.
Kooth is for children and young adults aged 11-25. You can access free, safe and anonymous support through Kooth which is supported by the NHS for anyone who resides in North West London.
Visit our Kooth web page for more information on how to access the service.